Fireworks and toddlers don’t mix

Young children should not be allowed to play with fireworks under any circumstances.

Sparklers, often mistakenly considered a safe firework for young children, burn at very high temperatures and can easily ignite clothing.

The sparks that are emitted can easily cause burns to hands and exposed skin. Young children cannot understand the danger involved and often will not act appropriately in case of an emergency.

From: childcare.about.com Opens in new window

Tags: , ,

Comments are closed.